Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Q: Quilt that was a steal!

I've been wanting a more traditional Hawaiian quilt for awhile, but they are very expensive and I'm way to "frugal" (or cheap, as my husband would say) to buy one new!  A few weeks ago I was one of the first people to arrive at a community yard sale, and I spotted this quilt with two matching shams for TWELVE dollars.  It was even yellow - perfect for my room.  I asked about the size - I was looking for a king, but she said it was a queen.  I bought it anyway, not even bothering to unfold it, as there were already two other women ready to immediately snatch it up off the table should I decide to set it down!  When I got home and unfolded it, I was very excited to see that it is actually a king size.  It's not perfect, has some minor fading, but for $12 it's close enough.  Score :)

For more 'Q' photos, please go check out ABC Wedensday.

10 comments:

  1. love it!!! So jealous--snatch me up a queen if you ever see another such steal--at that good of a price even with shipping it'd be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful and I am so happy that it worked with your decor. Isn't it fun to get a bargain? I'm in line for a second queen if you should happen to find two!! Any color will do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score!



    Warm Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Kate and Sara, I'll be on the lookout! Yes, it is fun to get a bargain, especially when it's something you've been searching for :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty and inexpensive! wotta deal.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa,

    You do my Yankee heart good. We "cheapskates" are just not adequately appreciated. Enjoy your mother's day with your little ones. I'm enjoying mine with my big ones.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Chris! Nice to hear from you - glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa! I grew up in kaneohe, kailua, and temple valley and been gone from Hawaii Ne 20 years now, and miss it so much. your photographs make me so happy, even if just for a little while. its even make me think again now that im finishing graduate studies in tulsa (finally) , of maybe moving back to the place i love and miss! mahalo from the bottom of my heart for your pics and posts!-Chris in tulsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris, I'm so glad you are enjoying the blog - it can be a walk down memory lane for you! I love my Kailua so much. Hope you make it back here when you finish grad school. Warmest Aloha :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Lisa!! I don't know anyone who doesn't love a bargain and this is a beauty..and you know as far as the faded bits go, I reckon it gives it even more character!!

    ReplyDelete